Er. There’s only been four fics so far, but I’m hoping to do one fic a week. So starting a list to be kiasu.
Update (29 May 2016): Right, so the tenth fic is finally up. Thank you for being on this journey, and suggesting great ideas! I hope to get down to writing them sometime before the end of the
decade millennium. =p
- Netflix (Dae-young & Myung-joo)
- Blackout (Dae-young & Myung-joo)
- Absence (Dae-young & Myung-joo)
- Compassion (Ki-bum & Min-ji)
- Ritual (Dae-young & Myung-joo microfic)
- Date (Shi-jin & Dae-young)
- Blocked (Myung-joo & Dae-young)
- 157 (Dae-young & Myung-joo)
- Bouquet (Dae-young & Myung-joo)
- FEO (Dae-young & Shi-jin)
I’m very thankful that the fics are getting read, especially since I hadn’t done prose for quite a while. (Random ranting unfortunately doesn’t quite count.) Would really appreciate any feedback on how to improve my writing. Is it too lame? No payoff? Weird phrasing/anything? Also, if you’d like to be a beta reader, please drop a line. (I know there’s fanfiction.net, but there seems to be a number of hoops to jump through before stories can be posted.)
Update (17 April 2016): Thank you all for reading the fics. There are a few ideas I have in my head at the moment, but may not have time to do. If anyone should write them, please leave a link – I’d love to read them!
- Myung-joo meeting Dae-young’s mom for the first time
The guys finding Min Yoon-gi, the sunbae that their girls had fought over, I keep thinking he’s not quite what they expect him to be.
Netflix has a whole bunch of Disney/Pixar AND Marvel movies!!! *shriek!*
Movies & Stand-up specials:
- Bad Grandpa (so much poop)
- Lord of the Rings I – III
- Men in Black 1 – 3
- Fakkah Fuzz: Almost Banned (almost head injuries from banging head on table from unfunny jokes; he tried too hard; will probably be better with more experience)
- Harith Iskandar: I told you so (a lot tighter)
- Pacific Rim (interesting premise, but oh, so many fighting scenes… *fast forward *)
- Avengers 1 (fun popcorn flick with some plot)
- Real Steel (sweet father-son flick)
- Zootopia (nature vs nurture)
- Confessions of a Shopaholic (wouldn’t a jumble sale to clear a shopaholic’s debt create more shoppy nuts?)
- Iron Man 1 (such a well done fun flick with heart, pathos and plot. Excellently acted by Robert Downey Jr, who got a second wind in his career from this iconic role.)
- Iron Man 3 (trying a bit too hard but still somewhat enjoyable)
- Friends (would have been great if they’d stopped at season seven or so; Big Bang is going the same way – sigh)
- Big Mouth (subversive fun!)
- Star Trek Discovery (I want more Michelle, the boy wants more Lorca
- A Korean Odyssey (meh… rich source material was so underutilised)
- Black Mirror (this needs mind space)
- The Good Place (interesting premise, but once the cat is let out of the bag, where’s the draw? may give up)
- The IT Crowd (erm… one ep so far)
- Mindhunter (a bit slow; may give up)
- Master of None (funny first season, but in light of recent controversy, has soured my opinion of Aziz; unfair, I know)
- Dirty Money
- Suits (debut was such fun!)
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (zippy goofiness – the writing feels quite Tina Fey; sometimes the era in which she was stuck at feels a bit off though: it wasn’t quite as innocent in the early 2000s)
- Frankie and Grace
- Big Fish
- The Danish Girl
- The Dictator
- Sausage Party
Some memories are better locked with the key thrown away with no chance of ever being found.
Se-hee admired the efficiency of Ji-ho’s washing up. Such economical use of water, detergent and effort to produce such cleanly washed tableware and utensils. He, on the other hand, though meticulous in his cleaning, could not match her speed or efficiency. Se-hee was utterly impressed. How did she do it? he wondered as he tried to observe her methods. What was her magic algorithm? Continue reading
… when a rationally
miserly frugal man who goes to ridiculous lengths to avoid damaging an expensive bike …
I totally wanna write fan fiction for Because This Life Is Our First! It’s a really cute story, and I can totally identify with the male protagonist – if one were more logical instead of having unrealistic expectations or playing mind games, life would be simpler. He’s like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory – love is some fuzzy wuzzy concept that makes no sense, but when you find someone who gets you and can connect on an intellectual level, you’re totally gonna be putty, or as putty as your melting point would go. Jung So-min imbues her struggling writer character with such pathos that anyone who’s gone through their 20s and 30s trying to find their place in the world will emathise. Could care less about Ho-rang, who exemplifies the type of brainless females that have put Sehee off dating. I’m excited to see how he cohabitation hijinks evolve into love with a solid foundation. Continue reading
Yeon-kyung put on the hanbok as Im and the kids waited outside.
At this rate we’re going, I could probably open a hanbok rental company in Seoul… I should probably wear some light pieces of gold or silver more – at least that’d pay for all the clothes and stuff that we always need to get here. Wonder where he gets his money from – bartering acupuncture services, perhaps? she mused.
Her mind turned to Im. Last night, she had woken and seen him checking on the sleeping Kang and tucking Dam in.
He’d be a great father one day… Aish! Why did I think that? she chided herself for her stray thought as she absently tied her hair into a chignon.
“Let’s go!” she announced brightly as she stepped out of the hut, holding out her hands to the children.
Im looked at her and smiled.
Yeon-kyung is so pretty. My Yeong-kyung is so pretty. My wife is so pretty.
He blushed as he followed behind.
Strong Woman Bong-Soon is a cute fluffy rom com whose leads sizzling chemistry made up for the often pointless meandering sub-plots and supporting characters. Continue reading
Was so pleased with Jealousy Incarnate, that I don’t really have any Kravings for any other drama yet.
I’m kinda half following Legend of the Blue Sea and The Lonely Shining Goblin warily. I’m sure you know the feeling – starting a hyped drama with big stars, writers and budget only to fizzle out with a limp pshh when the story fell apart (or the ending begged credulity)… Yes, I’m talking about The Time We Were Not in Love with Hyde, Jekyll and Me in W – Two Worlds, among others.
The last eps were daebak!
Sure, there were bits I didn’t quite like, but narratively they made sense. And it’s the sort of ending Marry Me, or Not should have aimed for.
Quick update on Jealousy Incarnate eps 21-22. Continue reading